Where we are and How to Reach Hotel dei Macchiaioli
Hotel dei Macchiaioli
Via Cavour n° 21 - 50129 Florence, Italy
Ph. +39 055 213154 - Fax +39 055 2648153
How to Reach Us:
From Florence Airport, there are two possible ways to reach Hotel Dei Macchiaioli:
• Take a taxi at the exit of the airport. It takes approximately 15 minutes to reach the hotel;
• You can take the shuttle bus "Vola in Bus", which will take you to Santa Maria Novella station in around 20 minutes. From here, follow the directions under "By train".
From Santa Maria Novella Station (Florence main railway station) you can:
• Take a taxi (a 5 minute drive);
• Take bus number 1-14-17-23 get off Piazza San Marco and walk down Via Cavour towards the Cathedral/Duomo, until you reach number 21;
• From Santa Maria Novella train station, If you're not carrying heavy bags, you can walk to the hotel. Just a 10 minutes walk away. Leave the station by the east-side exit by track n° 16 ( near the farmacy) , take the underground passage to the right and go straight until the end. At the exit, keep going straight ahead until you reach the Cathedral/Duomo. Turn left into Via Martelli which becomes Via Cavour, after 50 metres. The hotel is at number 21.
If you are arriving to Florence by your private car, you may use the parking garage in collaboration with our hotel.
• From the South: From Highway A1, get off at the Firenze Sud exit and follow the directions for the center. When you reach the traffic light at the end of Lungarno del Tempio, you must go right; drive towards Piazza Beccaria and then Viale Antonio Gramsci and Viale Giacomo Matteotti towards Piazza della Libertà. When you arrive here drive around the square and turn into Via Cavour, which is the last street intersection on the right. Follow the street straight along and after passing Piazza San Marco continue on Via Cavour. You'll see Hotel Dei Macchiaioli on the right at number 21.
• From the North: Take the Firenze Nord exit and follow the directions for the center. Travel along Viale Guidoni, turn to the right into Viale Enrico Forlanini. Continue over Via Di Novoli and Viale Francesco Redi and once you arrive at the end of the street go right and then left to take Via Guido Monaco.
Drive to the end of this street and then turn left on Viale Fratelli Rosselli. After the railway underpass, follow the Viali di Circonvallazione running along Fortezza da Basso. Then, take Viale Lavagnini and continue towards Piazza della Libertà. Take the second right into Via Cavour. Follow straight along Via Cavour and after passing Piazza San Marco continue on Via Cavour. You'll see Hotel Dei Macchiaioli on the right at number 21.
Distances from main attractions and monuments:
• Galleria degli Uffizi: 10 minutes walk
• Galleria dell'Accademia: 5 minutes walk
• Duomo, Campanile di Giotto e Battistero: 5 minutes walk
• Ponte Vecchio: 15 minutes walk
• Palazzo Pitti: 15 minutes walk
• Chiesa di San Marco: 5 minutes walk
• Chiesa di San Lorenzo: 5 minutes walk
• Fortezza Da Basso: 15 minutes walk
• Palazzo dei Congressi: 10 minutes walk
• Stazione Santa Maria Novella: 10 minutes walk